Follow my recipes:
These tiny little bites were a super hit at my place when I prepared them for breakfast. This recipe is easy, quick, has less oil and the best part is that it is baked. So, in no time you will see yourself enjoying your breakfast. It is healthy and nutritious as you can add veggies of your choice. Here’s my recipe for a quick and delicious breakfast.
Ingredients for muffins:
- 1 cup rava / semolina (small and roasted)
- 1/4 cup besan/gram flour
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1 cup grated or finely chopped cabbage
- 1/2 cup grated or finely chopped carrot
- 1/2 tsp haldi/turmeric
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 tsp baking soda.
- Salt per taste
- 8 – 10 curry leaves
- 1 tbsp mustard seeds
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- green chillies (optional)
- 1 tsp heeng/asafoetida
- 2 tbsp oil
- In a bowl, mix rava and yogurt and let it rest for five minutes.
- Now add the veggies and ingredients except baking soda to rava and yogurt mix. Add water to make a thick batter. Batter should be too thick nor too runny.
- Leave the batter aside for five minutes.
- In a pan add oil and make tadka of rai, sesame seeds and kadi patta. Add half of the tadka to batter and mix well.
- If you find the batter too thick feel free to add some water as rava naturally absorbs water.
- Just before baking add baking soda.
- Grease a muffin tray and pour the batter into it with a spoon. If you wish you can also add the tadka in this step on top.
- Bake at 180 for 10 to 15 minutes in pre heated oven. (every oven is different so please check as per your oven setting)
- Once done allow it to cool and add remaining tadka on top and enjoy your healthy instant veggie muffins for breakfast or as a tea time snack!!!
Share this recipe: