I have always had the typical poha that is cooked only with onions and peanuts. So, to make it more healthier and a complete nutritious breakfast, I have added veggies like carrots, capsicum tomatoes. You can add any vegetables of your choice. Below is my recipe for a perfect Indian snack prepared in no time.
- 3 cups Poha washed and rinsed
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 1 finely chopped tomato
- 1 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1 cup finely chopped capsicum
- 1 finely chopped boiled potato or boiled potato
- 1 cup chopped coriander
- 1 cup roasted peanuts
- 1 finely chopped green chilli
- 1 tbsp jeera
- 1 1/2 tbsp haldi / turmeric
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice or per taste (i have used one whole lemon)
- 2 tbsp oil to cook
- Salt per taste
In a pan, heat oil.
Add jeera and allow it to crackle.
Add onions and saute till translucent
Now add potatoes, tomatoes and mix well. Fry for 3 – 4 minutes. Add carrots and capsicum and stir all vegetables.
Add haldi, red chilli powder, sugar, salt and peanuts and mix well.
Add green chillies, lemon juice and mix well. Add little water if needed.
Saute for 5 minutes till then wash poha and drain off water.
Add washed poha, coriander and give it a good mix.
Mix and cook for 5 – 7 minutes.
Your delicious healthy poha is ready.
Garnish with coriander and sev and and enjoy your healthy breakfast over a hot cup of tea or coffee!!!