I didn’t know how delicious prawns could taste until a few years ago when I finally tasted Prawns Masala my mum had prepared for a family dinner. Nice tender and so flavorful with the perfect balance of all the spices and masalas. Since then, I’ve become a Prawn Fan and I keep trying and creating new recipes.
Shrimp Cutlets or Prawn Cutlets are prepared using small or medium sized prawns, minced or chopped fine mixed with boiled potatoes and flavoured with seasonings of choice. I have used small shrimps which were available and cut them small so much so that one can enjoy biting on the cutlets with pieces of shrimps in every bite.
A perfect dish that can be served as a starter for lunch or dinner or as an appetizer at parties. You surely can’t miss out on this one…!!
- 1 cup small shrimps
- 1 tsp ginger garlic chilli paste
- 1 tsp turmeric/haldi
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 medium size boiled potatoes
- 1 cup chopped coriander
- 2 tbsp bread crumbs
- Bread crumbs for coating
- Oil for Shallow frying
- Salt as desired
- Cut prawns using a kitchen scissor or chop using a knife into desired size.
- Marinate for fifteen minutes adding ginger garlic chilli paste, turmeric, salt and lemon juice.
- Now to this add boiled potatoes, mash and mix everything together.
- Add coriander, bread crumbs and mix well.
- Grease your palms with oil and pinch out a small portion and give a desired shape to your cutlets.
- Shape all and coat the with bread crumbs.
- Refrigerate for fifteen to twenty minutes.
- Heat enough oil in a pan to shallow fry and fry the cutlets till both sides are nice, crisp and golden brown.
- Remove, garnish and serve hot with dip or sauce of your choice.
Please Note: You can also chop the shrimps in a food processor, I preferred to cut them into small bits.
Do not deep fry these cutlets as shrimps release water while they cook so your cutlets might end up breaking unless you have added good amount of binding agents.