Cooking can get innovative specially when you have limited ingredients and when your taste buds crave for something yummmmy….
Pasta is normally used in preparing Italian dishes which is mostly prepared in creamy sauce, white sauce or red sauce and even cold salads. Getting more innovative, I have prepared Schezwan Fusilli Pasta tossing together vegetables and sauces used in Chinese and Indo Chinese style of cooking. Fusilli is the main ingredient, you can use any kind of pasta that’s stored at home. With a plate so colourful, the kids surely cannot say No!! One can get more creative and use as many veggies of their choice. An easy and a quick recipe that can be served as main dish or even a side dish.
- 250 grams pasta
- 4 – 5 finely chopped garlic cloves
- 1 cup chopped onion + spring onions
- 1 capsicum diced into small cubes
- 3 baby carrots juliennes
- 4 – 5 mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
Sauces & Seasonings:
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp red chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- 2 tbsp schezwan sauce
- 2 tbsp pasta sauce
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- Salt per taste
- Oil for cooking
- In a large pot of boiling water, add a tbsp of oil and salt and boil pasta for few minutes, stirring occasionally till al dente and rinse it in cold water to get rid of all the starch.
- In a pan, heat oil, add garlic and saute for few seconds.
- Add onions and fry till translucent.
- Toss in half of all veggies and mix well. Saute them on high flame stirring
continuously keeping the crunch intact.
- Reducing the flame, add all the seasonings and mix everything well.
- Now add the boiled pasta and remaining veggies and toss until everything is
combined well and heated through.
- Garnish with parsley and spring onion greens and Schezwan Fusilli Pasta is ready to be served.
- Garnish & Serve hot. Enjoy your dish for your main course or as a side dish.