Sabudana also known as Sago or Tapioca Pearls, widely used in Indian homes to prepare breakfast or snacks. It’s a versatile ingredient which can be used to prepare sabudana khichdi, sabudana wada and these days it’s also being used to prepare kheer and pudding.
During this lockdown, we have have managed to satisfy our cravings for all sorts of popular Indian street food and Indian Chaat right from dosa’s, pau bhaji to pani puri and sev puri and so I decided to prepare something delicious and an instant chaat that is Sabudana Chaat to enjoy over my cup of evening tea. One can also have this for breakfast and it’s also quite filling and delicious. You can also check my recipe for Papdi | Puri if you plan on making some sev puri at home.
It’s a very quick chaat recipe with tossing sabudana in very little oil and mixing in all the basic ingredients you may have at home. I’ve add some chopped carrots, potato stix for the crunch and lots of dry fruits & nuts making this chaat absolutely healthy and nutritious. I’m sure once you try this, you’re going to make this all the time to satisfy your cravings….!!
- 1 bowl of soaked sabudana/sago/tapioca pearls
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 – 3 chopped baby carrots / 2 tbsp chopped carrots
- 1 small boiled potato
- 1 cup chopped coriander
- 1 cup mixed roated peanuts, cashews & almonds
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 tsp mexican seasoning (optional)
- Salt as desired
- Oil for tossing sabudana
- Heat oil in a pan and toss sabudana for around two minutes till the outside turns transparent. Do not over cook it, we only need to toss so it doesn’t taste raw and remove it in a bowl.
- In a mixing bowl, add sabudana and all above ingredients and give it a good mix.
- Once done, garnish and serve to enjoy over a hotcup of tea or coffee.
You can add any veggies and seasonings of your choice.
You can serve this chaat hot or cold. It tastes good either ways.