Red Chilli Garlic Rice is a variation of fried rice or schezwan fried rice. Indo Chinese cuisine is one such that we all enjoy and relish. The aromatic ingredients like ginger, garlic, seasonings and sauces in Indo Chinese recipes makes me super hungry.
This recipe, just like it’s name, is as simple, easy and super delicious main course recipe made with long grain rice and chilli garlic sauce. As the name suggests, it is garlicky, spicy and perfect for a weekday meal as it calls for very few ingredients and can be prepared using left over rice, however, you could also boil some rice if you plan on preparing chilli garlic rice. I have used the ready to use red chilli garlic sauce which I often use for most of my starters and Indo Chinese dishes, but if you don’t have the ready one, you can simply make it at home using equal proportions of garlic and red chillies and ground it to a coarse paste adding some vinegar and salt.
Red Chilli Garlic Rice is a great option for vegetarians and can be consumed as one pot meal as well. One can add veggies of choice but I have kept is simple yet flavourful with aromatic garlic, seasonings and sauces and served it with Soya Chilli, you can check the recipe below and I’m sure you are going to love it. You can also check my video for this recipe towards the end of the post.
- 2 cups boiled rice
- 1 sliced onion
- 8 – 10 chopped garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp red chilli garlic paste
- 1 tsp sweet garlic sauce
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 cup spring onion greens
- 2 tbsp oil
- Salt as per taste
- In a pan or wok, heat oil.
- Add onions and saute for few seconds till translucent.
- Add chopped garlic and fry till just starts to brown.
- Add red chilli garlic paste, sweet chilli sauce and black pepper powder and mix well. Add little water if required
- Add boiled rice and mix well together.
- Add spring onion greens.
- Red Chilli Garlic Rice is ready. Garnish and serve hot.
If you’ve liked this recipe or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to like the recipe and leave me a comment in the comments section below, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more delicious food.
To SAVE my Recipes for later FOLLOW ME on PINTEREST
Do check my video below for Red Chilli Garlic Rice: