Open Cheese & Mushroom Toast makes a wonderful breakfast recipe or a perfect snack to curb your tea time hunger pangs. It’s a quick recipe that calls for a couple of bread slices and some delicious filling of mushrooms, corn and lots of cheese. Well, if you are calorie conscious, skip the cheese and add some greek yogurt and it tastes equally awesome. You can also use Tzatziki Sauce to mix with the filling. Tzatziki is a curd based sauce or dip that can be served with any starters, snacks or just top it up on your toast or bruschetta. You can find my recipe for Tzatziki Sauce and some of the dips and chutneys to give it a try.
Tried my recipe? Do tag me and follow me on Instagram & Facebook@tossncook
- 2 – 4 slices of white or brown bread
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 – 4 cheese slices (according to bread slices)
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1/2 cup boiled corn
- 1 tbsp creme cheese
- 1/2 tsp red chilli flakes
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 cup grated cheese
- Salt as desired
- Heat a pan and add some butter, one it melts, add mushrooms and saute for a minute or so.
- Add corn and mix. Take it off the flame, remove in a bowl and allow it to cool.
- Meanwhile, generously butter the bread slices and place cheese slices on each one.
- Add all the above seasonings to the mushroom mixture along with creme cheese and mix well.
- Top it up with some grated cheese and sprinkle some chilli flakes.
- Grill in a pre heated oven at 180 degrees for five to seven minutes or till done. Do check as per your oven settings.
- Open Cheese & Mushroom Toast is ready!! Remove and serve hot for your breakfast or enjoy over a cup of evening tea.
If you do not have an oven, you can melt butter and place the slices on a pan on low heat, cover it and let it toast. Covering the pan will help to melt the cheese.
Like my recipe? Do share it: