Happiness is when you have perfectly baked brownies to treat yourself. These sweet chocolate squares are a ultimate hit. You serve them, eat them and you keep talking about it and of course you wanna put it up on your blog!!!
Initially, I decided to bake normal chocolate brownies but, when you’re at your best…you don’t mind getting a bit more sinful, so I quickly grabbed the nutella jar to top it over these beauties. There’s absolutely no excuse when you have brownies with a perfect crackly top, fudgy from inside with the swirl of Nutella!!!
For all chocolate lovers, these are the brownies you need at the top of your list.
- 120 grams butter
- 200 grams semi sweet dark chocolate (chopped into small pieces)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated or icing sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence or 1/2 tsp vanilla powder
- 1/2 cup maida/all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt
- 200 grams nutella
- 1 tbsp maida/all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp brown sugar (adjust according to your sweetness)
- Line the parchment paper on a greased baking tray and keep it aside.
- Mix all ingredients for nutella topping in a bowl keep it aside.
- Add butter and chocolate in a bowl, and microwave it making sure to remove and stir every twenty seconds. Repeat this step till ninety seconds or until chocolate starts to melt.
- Remove from the microwave and keep stirring till the chocolate melts completely.
- In another bowl, whisk together sugar(I have used icing sugar), brown sugar and one egg at a time until it gets creamy. I have used hand whisk which is completely fine.
- Now add salt, vanilla essence (I have added vanilla powder) and the chocolate mixture and gently mix till well incorporated.
- Now add sifted flour and cocoa powder and gently fold the batter making sure there are no lumps.
- Pour the batter in the baking tray and gently spread it evenly. Tap it two three times so that no bubbles remain.
- Now top it up with the nutella mixture and spread it evenly. You can make any design of your choice using a fork or a toothpick or just swirl it up with the spoon.
- Bake in a pre heated oven at 180 degrees for 35 – 40 minutes or until done.
Please note: I have used icing sugar and vanilla powder for this recipe.
There is no particular way to know if your brownie is done. Whether you make a fudgy, cakey or gooey brownie your toothpick will not come out completely clean.
If you’re making a fudgy brownie the tooth pick with have bits of dry crumbles on it.
If you’ve liked this recipe or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to like the recipe and leave me a comment in the comments section below, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more delicious food.
To SAVE my Recipes for later FOLLOW ME on PINTEREST
Share this recipe: