Happiness is when you have perfectly baked brownies to treat yourself. These sweet chocolate squares are a ultimate hit. You serve them, eat them and you keep talking about it and of course you wanna put it up on your blog!!!
Initially, I decided to bake normal chocolate brownies but, when you’re at your best…you don’t mind getting a bit more sinful, so I quickly grabbed the nutella jar to top it over these beauties. There’s absolutely no excuse when you have brownies with a perfect crackly top, fudgy from inside with the swirl of Nutella!!!
For all chocolate lovers, these are the brownies you need at the top of your list.
- 120 grams butter
- 200 grams semi sweet dark chocolate (chopped into small pieces)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated or icing sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence or 1/2 tsp vanilla powder
- 1/2 cup maida/all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt
- 200 grams nutella
- 1 tbsp maida/all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp brown sugar (adjust according to your sweetness)
- Line the parchment paper on a greased baking tray and keep it aside.
- Mix all ingredients for nutella topping in a bowl keep it aside.
- Add butter and chocolate in a bowl, and microwave it making sure to remove and stir every twenty seconds. Repeat this step till ninety seconds or until chocolate starts to melt.
- Remove from the microwave and keep stirring till the chocolate melts completely.
- In another bowl, whisk together sugar(I have used icing sugar), brown sugar and one egg at a time until it gets creamy. I have used hand whisk which is completely fine.
- Now add salt, vanilla essence (I have added vanilla powder) and the chocolate mixture and gently mix till well incorporated.
- Now add sifted flour and cocoa powder and gently fold the batter making sure there are no lumps.
- Pour the batter in the baking tray and gently spread it evenly. Tap it two three times so that no bubbles remain.
- Now top it up with the nutella mixture and spread it evenly. You can make any design of your choice using a fork or a toothpick or just swirl it up with the spoon.
- Bake in a pre heated oven at 180 degrees for 35 – 40 minutes or until done.
Please note: I have used icing sugar and vanilla powder for this recipe.
There is no particular way to know if your brownie is done. Whether you make a fudgy, cakey or gooey brownie your toothpick will not come out completely clean.
If you’re making a fudgy brownie the tooth pick with have bits of dry crumbles on it.