Lately, I’ve been craving for sweets and desserts after meals and I choose to pick up a chocolate biscuit or an ice cream to satisfy my sweet cravings. Cakes and pastries and a good option too, but instantly baking a cake and digging into it needed a lot of patience. And then I recollected a dessert I’d prepared a few moths back, Orange and Lotus Parfait which is a super quick and instant dessert with just two or three ingredients. I thought of preparing a dessert similar to the Orange Parfait, that needs absolutely No Oven and No Baking, that’s the No Bake Apple Cheese Cake!!
Apple’s are one of my favourite fruits and it’s in season now and it’s a perfect fruit for this dessert. No Bake Apple Cheese Cake is again a cold dessert which is absolutely simple and easy to make. All you need is a pan, a whisk, a spatula and two glasses to assemble this. This recipes calls for caramelised apples, for which all you need is butter, brown sugar and some all purpose flour to bind it all together, flavouring it with a dash of cinnamon powder which takes this dessert to just another level. Also, Apple and Cinnamon make an amazing combination and very well together. Layer up the apple mixture with whipped cream and cream cheese along with some biscuit crumbs and serve chilled.
- For caramelising the apples:
- 1 apple, finely cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/4th tsp ground cinnamon
- For the crust:
- 1 packet of digestive or any biscuits of choice preferably lotus
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- For the cheesecake:
- 2 cup cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup thick or heavy cream or Fresh Cream (If you’re using Amul Fresh Cream keep it in the freezer for 30 minutes and use thick part in the dessert)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mint Leaves for garnish
- In a non stick melt butter over medium heat.
- Add apples, brown sugar and cook for for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Add flour and cinnamon and stir to combine. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until the mixture is bubbly and thickened. Set aside to cool.
- Add biscuits to a food processor and finely crush them to
- make biscuit crumbs.
- Combine biscuit and melted butter in a bowl and set aside.
- Use a whisk or an electric whisk and beat cream cheese, sugar, cream until thoroughly combined and smooth.
- To assemble the cheesecakes:
- Place 2 to 3 tablespoons of crumbs in bottom of glasses, spreading evenly.
- Top each with about 2 tablespoons whipped cream cheese mix.
- Add a layer of caramelised apples and repeat the layers.
- Divide remaining cheesecake, apples and crumbs among glasses and sprinkle crumbs on top.
- Ganish with mint leaves and crumbs
- Serve immediately or freeze for 15 minutes or refrigerate for 1 hr.
- No Bake Apple Cheese Cake is now ready. Enjoy!!
- You can use biscuits of your choice, digestive and lotus go well with this dessert.
- If you do not have thick cream or heavy cream, feel free to use Amul Fresh Cream keep it in the freezer for 30 minutes and use thick part in the dessert