It’s Mango season!!!! And this tart has been on my to do list ever since. Something delicious, something creamy with a crunchy crust. The crust is prepared with my favourite Lotus biscuits that tastes so so good. These lotus biscoffs can be perfectly paired with tea or coffee, however I prefer using these in my desserts. They add an amazing cinnamon flavor and crunch to this dessert and I believed pairing lotus biscoffs with mangoes is going to be an amazing combination.
If you’re a lotus fan, this is surely a treat for you. Falling short on ingredients during these lock down days, I prepared creamy mango pudding using some cream cheese and thick cream to be filled to my Lotus Tart as I did not have whipped cream stocked up. Also, you can use any biscuits of your choice, I love lotus for my desserts hence i prefer lotus over any other biscuits.The best part about this dessert is that it’s a No Bake – Mango Lotus Tart so you need no Oven!!!
- 10 – 12 Lotus biscoffs
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp lotus spread (optional)
For Mango Filling:
- 1 ripe mango
- 1 cup thick cream
- 1 cube of cream cheese or 1 tbsp cream cheese (adding some more is optional)
- 1/2 cup milk maid/condensed milk
- 2 tsp milk powder
- Sugar as required (optional)
- In a blender, crush lotus biscuits to form crumbs and remove them in a bowl. They need not be absolutely fine.
- Mix together brown sugar and melted butter and add this mixture to the lotus crumbs.
- Mix well.
- Add lotus spread to this mixture and mix till its incorporated well.
- Remove in a tart mould and with the back of a spoon or using fingers, spread it evenly from centre to the sides.
- Freeze this for approximately thirty minutes. You may also refrigerate this for forty five minutes to an hour.
For the Mango Filling:
- In a blender, blend together all ingredients (except milk powder) mentioned for mango filling.
- Add milk powder for the second small whiz till blended well.
- Pour this mixture on the tart and garnish with chopped mango pieces, lotus spread or as desired.
- Freeze for good two hours or refrigerate for five to six hours.
- No Bake – Mango Lotus Tart is ready!!!! Garnish with some more lotus crumbs and enjoy!!!
I have not used whipped cream in this recipe and replaced with thick cream which was available.
If you wish you can use a hand whisk to whisk all ingredients for mango filling making sure you add mango puree to it.
I added 1 tsp sugar to this filling while blending
You can use any biscuits of your choice, I love lotus for my desserts hence i prefer lotus over any other biscuits.
I had some filling left, so we just ate it as pudding.