This lockdown has made everyone so innovative and make the best from limited resources and from everything we have stocked up.
Murg Saagwala or Palak Chicken was supposed to be a normal chicken curry I was planning to prepare for dinner. Realising I do not have coriander stored in my refrigerator, I chose to add baby spinach to my chicken curry and this turned out to be delish with tender boneless chicken pieces cooked in aromatic spices, the richness of cashew milk and the wonderful flavor and colour of spinach that blended perfectly well with this curry.
I loved this dish and this has now become my favourite one that I’m going to prepare regularly in my kitchen for sure. Murg Saagwala served with Butter Roti is going to be a hit at your home as well.
- 500 gms boneless chicken cut in cubes
- 1 cup onion paste
- 1 tbsp chicken masala
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 2 tbsp whisked curd
- 1 tsp kasoori methi / sun dried fenugreek leaves
- 1/2 cup cashew milk
- 1 bowl full of baby spinach or 2 cups roughly chopped spinach leaves
- 2 tbsp ghee for cooking
- Water as required
- Salt as desired
- In a kadhai, heat ghee and add onion paste and fry till it turns brown.
- Add chicken masala and ginger garlic paste to this. Cook till oil releases.
- Add chicken pieces and mix well.
- Add red chilli powder, salt and bhuno the chicken well with all the masalas for six to eight minutes till its coated well.
- Add whisked curd and mix. Cook till oil leaves the sides.
- Add cashew milk and continue to cook. Add some water and cover and cook for ten fifteen minutes till chicken nice and tender.
- Add chopped spinach and give it a boil
- Murg Saagwala is ready. Serve hot with butter tandoori roti to enjoy!!