Instant Pickle, makes a wonderful condiment. When mangoes are not in season and you still crave for pickles, this is the easiest and best pickle ever.
This is my mum’s recipe and she has been preparing this for years and years now and so I call this my Mum’s Instant Pickle. I thank her for teaching me this as everything about this pickle is so good. Firstly, it’s an instant pickle and so there’s no wait time. All you have to do is just mix all ingredients in a mixing bowl and you’re all set. Second, you can use any vegetables you like and the best part is that, it’s absolutely Oil Free, yes It’s Zero Oil Pickle.
How long can I store this Pickle?
This pickle can be refrigerated and can be stored easily for upto 15 days and once it’s over you can prepare another batch.
This pickle is super easy and calls for slices of ginger, green chillies, carrots and raw turmeric but that’s optional. If you like more spice, you can add some jalapenos too. I have used the bigger and thicker green chillies that are mildly spicy. This one’s the best condiment to go with a simple dal rice, khichdi or even with paratha’s and makes your taste buds tickle. So, if you’re looking for something that’s hassle free, read on and try it, I’m sure you’re going to love it.
If you’ve liked my Mum’s Instant Pickle or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to like the recipe and leave me a comment in the comments section below, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more delicious food.
To SAVE my Recipes for later FOLLOW ME on PINTEREST
- 1 cup small florets of cauliflower
- 1/2 cup sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup sliced ginger
- 8 – 10 sliced green chillies
- 1 tsp powdered pink salt or normal salt as per taste
- 1/3rd cup or 5 tbsp white vinegar
- Soak cauliflower in hot water for 10 – 15 minutes and pat it dry.
- In a mixing bowl add all the veggies and seasonings and mix everything well together.
- Yummy Instant Pickle is ready!!
- Serve immediately or store in a container and refrigerate for later use.
Share this recipe: