Hash Browns are a popular American dish made of grated or julienned potatoes. These Hash browns are super crispy on the outside and they not only make an amazing breakfast, I also prepare these as a side dish or snacks.
Hash browns are super easy to make, all you have to do is grate some potatoes, squeeze out all the starch and water and cook it in a pan or skillet till nice golden and crispy. You can add onion, garlic powder or any seasonings of your choice to make it more flavorful. I personally prefer garlic flavor and recently I also tried Cheesy Hash Browns Bites, which call for grated potatoes flavoured with Italian seasonings and garlic powder, baked in a muffin mould. These Cheesy Hash Browns are loaded with Cheese and one can feel free to add veggies of choice.
There are two ways to prepare hash browns, the basic being on a skillet, add some oil or butter and add a spoonful or entire batch of the seasoned potato mix to the pan, flattening it and cooking it on a low to medium flame till both sides are done or you could also bake these in am oven. I have shared both methods to prepare this delicious snack, Cheesy Hash Browns Bites – the baked one’s and also the way to prepare this on a skillet. You can also check my video at the end of this post to prepare delicious crispy Hash browns and please don’t miss out to subscribe to my channel.
- 2 grated potatoes
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 1 tsp italian seasonings
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 tsp cornflour
- Oil/Butter for greasing and cooking
- Salt per Taste
Method 1 for Cheesy Hash Brown Bites :
- Grate potatoes and rinse them in water. Squeeze out all the starch and water using a muslin cloth or a kitchen absorbent until potatoes become dry.
- Once done, remove in a bowl and add all the seasonings, corn flour and few drops of oil. Adding oil is optional so you need not grease the muffin tray.
- Add 2 spoonful of potato mixture in each mould, pressing the bottom and sides forming a cup shape.
- Bake in a pre heated oven for ten minutes at 200 degrees celsius.
- Remove the tray and add cheese to it and bake again for ten minutes at 200 degree celsius.
- Cheesy Hash Browns Bites are ready, sprinkle some seasonings and serve hot to enjoy!!
Method 2 for cooking on a skillet:
- Follow steps to grate, dry and season the potatoes.
- On a medium flame, heat oil or butter in a pan or skillet.
- Add 2 spoonful of potato mixture on a skillet and cook till both sides are nice crisp and golden.
- Top it up with some grated cheese and cover and cook for two minutes till cheese melts.
- Cheesy Hash Browns are ready. Sprinkle some seasonings and serve hot!!
- You can also use sweet potato or yam to make this recipe if you’re not a potato lover.
- Substitute for seasonings: Yes you can using any seasoning of your choice or that’s available such as cajun powder, peri peri etc.
- If your making the baked one’s,feel free to add any veggies of your choice.
If you’ve liked my Cheesy Hash Brown Bites or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to like the recipe and leave me a comment in the comments section below, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more delicious food.
To SAVE my Recipes for later FOLLOW ME on PINTEREST
Do Share my Recipe:
Tried my recipe? Do tag me and follow me on Instagram & Facebook@tossncook