Cheesy Babycorn Cigars or Babycorn Sticks makes an amazing starter or an evening snack. Everyone in my family loves baby corn and we enjoy it in starters and gravies paired up with mushroom or american corn.
My recipe for Babycorn Cigars is an easy one and super yummy that calls for babycorns wrapped in cheese slice and potato mash dipped in a slurry to secure the cheese, coated in bread crumbs and vermicelli fried till nice golden and crispy. I have soaked the babycorn in hot water for ten minutes and marinated with melted butter and seasonings. I have not boiled it as I like it a little crunchy, if you wish you could feel free to boil it. You can serve this starter with any dip or sauce of choice.
If you’ve liked my Cheesy Babycorn Cigars or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to like the recipe and leave me a comment in the comments section below, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more delicious food.
To SAVE my Recipes for later FOLLOW ME on PINTEREST
- 7 – 8 Babycorns soaked in hot water for ten minutes
- 2 cheese slices cut into strips or 2 cubes grated cheese
- 2 mashed potatoes
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- Salt per taste
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley or coriander
For Babycorn Marination:
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- 1 tbsp oil
- Mixed herb seasonings
- 2tbsp maida/apf
- 1tbsp corn flour
- Salt per taste
- Crushed vermicelli
- Bread crumbs
Oil for frying
- In a bowl, mix all ingredients for marination.
- Insert a toothpick each in towards the broader end of the babycorn and coat the baby corns with the marination and rest it for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mash the potatoes and add salt, pepper and parsley and mix well.
- Mix all ingredients for slurry and prepare a lump free batter.
- Mix vermicelli and breadcrumbs in a plate. If you wish you may season them with salt and garlic powder or any seasoning of choice.
- Take a big spoonful of potato mix and flatten it between your palms.
- Place a strip of cheese slice or grated cheese and place a baby corn on it.
- Now with both the hands, cover the baby corn with potato mix.
- Similarly prepare all and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Heat oil to fry. Dip a baby corn in the slurry and coat it with vermicelli and breadcrumbs and add it to hot oil.
- Repeat the process for all and fry on medium flame till it’s crisp and golden.
- Remove all on a kitchen absorbent.
- Cheesy Babycorn Cigars are now ready.
- Garnish with parsley or coriander and enjoy with any dip of your choice.