Baked Mushroom Chicken Cups yes you heard that right…. these cute cups are chicken cups baked out of thinly sliced marinated chicken breasts.
Mushroom and Chicken is the best combo and go together so well. Juicy chicken with the earthy flavor of mushrooms is absolutely appetizing. We all have eaten tarts, canapes and baked chicken, and this time it had to be baked chicken cups. These cups are absolutely tender and juicy and the stuffing of mushrooms and cheese make it even more amazing. I have used a muffin tray (backside of a muffin tray) to bake these cups, one can also use the moulded side. I just found it easier to place the chicken pieces on an upside down tray to give it a perfect cup shape.
Baked Mushroom Chicken Cups make a wonderful appetizer and are perfect to serve for a party. You can use any filling of your choice, however I have used Mushroom Duxelles. These duxelles are absolutely easy to make and you can prepare a batch and stock it up. If you’re a mushroom and chicken fan, you sure must check out and try the below recipes from my kitchen:
- Chicken Duxelles
- Butter Garlic Spaghetti
- Schezwan Fusilli Pasta
- Stuffed Grilled Chicken Pockets
- Baked Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings
- Red Hot Chicken Wings
If you’ve liked my Baked Mushroom Chicken Cups or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to like the recipe and leave me a comment in the comments section below, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more delicious food.
To SAVE my Recipes for later FOLLOW ME on PINTEREST
Ingredients for chicken marination:
- 2 chicken breasts finely sliced
- 1 tsp cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp peri peri seasoning
For the filling, you can check my recipe for Duxelles
- You will need 1 cup of duxelles
- 1 tbsp cream or cream cheese
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- Grated cheddar & mozzarella cheese and parsley for garnishing
- Make thin slices of chicken breasts and marinate them with above listed ingredients and set it aside for thirty minutes or even more.
- Meanwhile, add butter, and cream to the duxelles and mix well. You can prepare a fresh batch of duxelles as well just the way I prefer.
- Place the chicken breast pieces on the back side of the muffin tray as in the image below and bake in a pre heated oven at 180 degrees celsius for ten minutes.
- Once baked, remove and place the cups on the moulded side of the tray and add the mushroom filling to it.
- Add some cheddar cheese and re bake again for five minute.
- Baked Mushroom Chicken Cups are now ready. Garnish with some parsley and serve hot.
If you like my recipe, do drop in a comment. 😊
Do share my recipe:
Tried my recipe? Do tag me and follow me on Instagram & Facebook