Coming straight from my oven…Baked Garlic Potatoes!!! If you’ve never tried them, then you’ve got to try them atleast once!! It’s an amazing mouth – watering side dish packed with flavours in every bite. Potatoes are so versatile that you can use them in almost all dishes right from starters to gravies and even raitas.
This recipe for baked garlic potato is quite easy with a handful of ingredients and trust me you can never go wrong. Baby potatoes sprinkled with amazing flavors of garlic and barbecue seasonings topped with some parsley & parmesan and baked till nice crisp from outside and perfectly tender on the inside. The best part was the garlic powder has pieces of dried garlic which got nice and crunchy just like parsley which takes the dish to just another level!!
This recipe calls for baby potatoes that needs to be baked twice and honestly…it’s worth the wait. One can get as innovative and add seasonings of choice. I prefer leaving the skin on as it gets nice and crispy when its baked and adds a crunch to every bite. Well if you don’t have baby potatoes it’s perfectly fine, you can chop some potatoes into cubes or wedges and follow the same recipe. You can go as healthy or as unhealthy while preparing this recipe, depending on how you want it but you can surely be guilt free and enjoy if you follow my recipe below.
If you’ve liked my Baked Garlic Potatoes or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to like the recipe and leave me a comment in the comments section below, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, and INSTAGRAM to see more delicious food.
To SAVE my Recipes for later FOLLOW ME on PINTEREST
- 1/2 kg baby potatoes ( 8 – 10 pieces)
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp barbecue seasoning
- 1 tsp chicken seasoning
- 1 tbsp olive oil or butter
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tbsp parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- Spring onion greens (optional and keep some for garnish)
- Salt as required
- In a pot add water and little salt to par boil potatoes. Once done put them in cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Evenly prick all the potatoes using a fork.
- Place the potatoes in a baking dish, drizzle olive oil and sprinkle all the seasonings except parmesan cheese. Mix everything well and keep some spring onion greens or parsley aside for garnish.
- Allow it to rest for good fifteen to twenty minutes so that the potatoes absorb all the flavors.
- Bake them at 200 degrees C’ for ten minutes in a pre heated oven. Every oven has different setting, so time it accordingly in your oven. Mine took 10 minutes exact.
- Remove and sprinkle parmesan cheese and bake again for another ten to fifteen minutes till the skin gets crispy. Watch when you bake them for the second time you don’t want to get disappointed.
- Remove, garnish and serve hot to enjoy with any dip or sauce of your choice.
I have used garlic powder which has pieces of dried garlic which get nice and crunchy when baked.
You can replace garlic powder with minced garlic or finely chopped garlic.
Similar recipe: Baked Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings